Submissions for Issue III are now open until June 1!
Poetry & Prose Guidelines
- Submissions are open year-round, with set deadlines on March 1, June 1, September 1, and December 1 for each of the quarterly issues.
- You may put forth up to three submissions in any or all categories (poetry, prose, or art) that are previously unpublished on other publications, anthologies, or magazines. Pieces published on personal blogs/websites are allowed only if taken down first.
- Keep things like profanity, sensuality, and violence moderate. If included, they should be accents for the piece, not the substance of it.
- For novels and scripts, you may either publish just an excerpt or you may serialize your piece. Send us an email, and we'll give you more information.
- All pieces are blindly juried, so be sure your name is NOT on your piece.
- Send your submissions as a single email with separate attachments to email@example.com. Include a word count, description of your work (including media utilized if the work is art), 40-60 word third-person bio, and how you heard about us. The email subject line must be "SUBMIT - YourName" (example: SUBMIT - JohnJohnson). Title your submissions "CATEGORY_SubmissionName" (example: PROSE_MyStory).
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed, but please let us know as soon as possible if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- We ask for First North American Serial Rights (you credit Fragments of Chiaroscuro as the first appearance of your piece in a publication) and the permission to archive works on our website. After publication, you are free to submit to other publications.
- Expect to hear back from us before one month. If you haven't heard back by then, please send us an email.
Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to receiving your work!